About our martial arts academy
Building on a martial arts legacy more than 30 years in the making
For 30 years, Northport’s Tiger-Rock Martial Arts academy has provided Northport AL families with premier martial arts programs individually designed for all ages to help enhance its members’ quality of life.
Masters Michael and Melissa Holt serve as the head instructors at Northport’s Tiger-Rock Martial Arts academy. They are dedicated martial artists that are driven to develop each member of their academy into a proud, accomplished martial artist.
Founded by Grandmaster James Bailey, Tiger-Rock Martial Arts focuses on creating a challenging, yet fun environment that no other martial arts academy in Alabama can match. Tiger Rock students enjoy the many benefits especially when first starting:
- We have four specialized programs: Tiger Cubs, Juniors, Youth & Adults.
- Students can start any time and blend into the academy with other beginners,
- Annually qualified instructors are dedicated to excellence and continuing education.
- Students can move forward at their own rate and not as a class unit.
- We train students based upon improving on what they do well; not based on what they do wrong.
The cornerstone of our culture is the R15E Program, which aims to develop successful martial artists by guiding them on a 15-step journey to black belt and beyond.
We welcome students of all ages and backgrounds to our academy. Whether you are experienced in martial arts or just getting started on the mat, we invite you to come see what Tiger-Rock Martial Arts of Northport is all about. As always, we will see you on the mat!
Pictured at right: Michael and Melissa Holt, Head Instructors of Tiger-Rock Martial Arts of Northport